Features & Benefits Of Real Estate Property Tax Management
- Document Management: Let Cold River receive your tax documents and become your tax mailbox. Documents are tracked, managed and archived. The tax mailbox insures that documents are not overlooked because they don’t get sent to your accounting or appeal vendor.
- Data Management: Get the important data off the documents and in a sortable format for review and analysis. Put your whole tax picture together along with FMV trends, tax information, address and any special internal IDs and get it in a spreadsheet or table format.
- Research and Monitoring: Let Cold River do the research to verify taxes using available public records, deeds, plats and assessor site information. Cold River staff are trained in basic and complex real estate transfers, debt and collateral structures, participated loans, liens and fifa satisfactions and are called on by other national firms for their expertise in redemptions and recoveries.
- Appeals: Cold River differentiates itself in the marketplace by managing both appeals and processing in-house. Our administrative approach means that all the appeal work is managed and taken to resolution as part of the monthly management responsibility. The advantage to the client is that all properties are evaluated for appeals each year and appeals are filed for any amount of potential savings.
- Tax Payments Made: Cold River will prepare the documentation for internal client approvals and the backup for accounting. Once the approval to pay occurs the payments are initiated and checks or online pays are made by Cold River to all the taxing jurisdictions, and payment receipts and verifications obtained and archived. Electronic uploads for accounting make the process easy to integrate.
- Recoveries: The complexities of tax liens, investor payoffs, redemption periods and excess funds collections are reason enough to outsource your property taxes to Cold River. For real estate owners as well as lenders, understanding who has the right to pay property taxes on something you have an interest in as well as who has the right to redeem or super lien the property is critical. Cold River has the expertise you need to keep your property or collateral out of harm’s way.